Executive Director, Oak Grove Cemetery, La Crosse, Wisconsin
Oak Grove Cemetery Association Board of Trustees seeks to hire an Executive Director to manage a historic, non-profit cemetery known for excellent services offered to the public.
Oak Grove Cemetery was established in 1852 by the founding fathers of La Crosse. The 80 landscaped acres provide park-like spaces where families and guests can visit and find peace. Markers, the mausoleum buildings, and other artistic features tell a story of La Crosse and the city’s residents.
The Executive Director provides leadership and strategic direction to the Association, its mission and staff. The position is responsible for the day-to-day general operation of the cemetery including leading a team of staff providing compassionate customer service and facility and grounds care. The Executive Director promotes outreach to the community; manages financial operations of the Association working with the Board of Trustees to set financial goals; ensures that sound legal policies and procedures are followed; maintains relationships with vendors; and directs marketing activities of the organization.
- Minimum of 2 years of General Management or Executive Director experience
- Dedication to working with the public; ability to work with others in a professional and diplomatic manner; demonstrates an appreciation for the historic significance of the cemetery
- An Associate degree or equivalent coursework from a regionally accredited institution; Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree preferred.
- Extensive Experience with Microsoft Office
- Must provide own transportation and possess valid driver’s license
- 2-5 years of experience in sales, marketing, fundraising, grant writing, and office management experience
- Experience leading teams to success with minimal outside input
- Excellent public speaking, presentation and written/oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and interest in the non-profit business sector
- Experience with budgeting and Sage/PeachTree software
- Cemetery management experience
Full time (40 hours/week) salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, a resume, and contact information for 3 references using the subject line “Executive Director Search” to firstname.lastname@example.org. All materials should include applicant’s last name in the file name. For best consideration, please submit your application by January 22, 2021.